Having worked with many children, youth, individuals and families over the last several years our clinicians have had the opportunity to see people have the strength, resilience and skill to meet their goals. We can help you find answers for change for yourself, your child and for your family. We believe that working together we can build on existing strengths and skills to make positive life changes. Each approach will be tailored to your individual needs and designed with your goal in mind.
The therapeutic approaches that are used are based on client goals by drawing on individual and family strengths, building on existing skills and developing new strategies and coping mechanisms using the following evidence based interventions.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Informed Therapy (DBT)
- Trauma Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Short Term Counselling
- Narrative Therapy
- Positive Parenting
- Single Session Counselling
- Crisis and Safety Planning
Therapeutic programs & services
- Brief Coping Cat Program (8 weeks) - This program is a Cognitive Behavioural treatment program for children with anxiety between the ages of 7-13. Children learn about their anxiety, it's management and coping skills to deal with their anxiety. The first 4 sessions are focused on learning skills and strategies with the last 4 focusing on exposure tasks, or opportunities to practice the skills in anxiety provoking situations. This program includes the Coping Cat Workbook and the Coping Cat Parent Companion book.
- Mood Management - A Cognitive Behavioural Skills Building Program for Adolescents (6 weeks) - This program is designed to help adolescents learn positive, effective techniques to manage difficult emotions such as anxiety, anger, depression and low self-esteem. This program is best suited for adolescents between the age of 10-15 who wish to learn skills for managing their mood and emotional wellness and includes the Mood Management Workbook.
- Behaviour Management Services - This service can be provided as an in-office or in-home service depending on the client needs and goals. This service will assess behavioural challenges and provide support and positive parenting strategies for management of the concerns.
- Behavioural Support Plans (this is not a Psychoeducational assessment or a replacement for such) - This service provides current clients with a written report detailing behavioural strategies and suggestions for families, individuals who are co-parenting, schools or other settings as required. This does not replace psychological/psychoeducational assessments but may provide families with much needed support for managing behavioural difficulties.
supportive Counselling And Therapy For Children, Youth And Families in Barrie
Online & Telephone Counselling!
Michelle Harris & Associates
Supportive Counselling and Therapy for Children, Youth and Families
Call or Text: 705-795-9708